MSMA offers its members the opportunity to grow into more effective mail systems managers. By joining MSMA, you are welcomed into a network of professionals that share information, expertise, experience and friendship. These opportunities are offered through:
Education: With state-of-the art technology, service providers and postal regulations constantly changing, education is a primary goal of MSMA. MSMA also strongly supports professional training in management and administration. MSMA's educational activities are centered around: local chapter meetings and seminars; the MAILCOM Conference; and the national newsletter, POSTSCRIPT.
Certification: To further the professional development of its members, MSMA has established a certification process for mail Systems managers. Today, there are nearly 400 accredited managers, who have proven through examination and participation their professional competence.
Discounts: Over and above the rewards of meeting information and networking opportunities, there are financial benefits of up to $2000. Please contact the VP Membership for details and account numbers for the following:
- Discount to take CMDSM (Certified Mail & Distribution Systems Manager) certification: (Value $200)
- Discount on MAILCOM registration: (Value $300 total for Spring & Fall shows)
- 10% Discount for Pitney Bowes Basic Mail Management Seminar: (Value $130)
- 15% Discount for Pitney Bowes Production Mail Management Training Course: (Value $650)
- 15% discount on books at Barnes & Noble
- 20% discount on books at Border’s Book Store
- 10% discount on lowest price at Avis Car Rental
- 10% discount on lowest price at Hertz Car Rental
- 5% discount at Office Depot
- Discounts on AAA memberships
- $10 discounts to San Diego Chapter luncheons and events
Representation: MSMA is a member of the Postmaster General's Mailers' Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC), representing members' interest on all mailing issues and postal regulations.
Recognition: Each year, the Association recognizes a Manager of the Year for outstanding contributions to the profession. The Association also presents awards for Distinguished Service and Chapter of the Year.